This week we welcomed four new probono clients into the fold and finished work with two others. This brings our total number of probono clients to eight for the year. It is our goal to work with at least one probono client per month. The clients below represent $16,000 in free services in 2017.
We have a firm belief that nonprofits deserve access to high quality consulting. We also think that businesses get frustrated by being asked to offer probono services on a regular basis. So, we took time to think of our ideal probono clients, our capacity, and what nonprofits need to get out of a positive probono experience. At the end of the day, they deserve to be treated just like a regular client and receive the same investment of time and attention regardless of their ability to pay, and all services need to be delivered without strings attached.
Kicking Off With New Clients
- STORY - Nonprofit Sustainability
- Podium - Nonprofit Sustainability
- Richmond Academy of Medicine Alliance - Strategy Work
- Secret Project - Brand Strategy (not ready to be announced)
- Startup Virginia - Mission, Vision, and 12 month action plan
- Boldly Lead - Strategy Work
- Pace Center for Campus Ministries - Strategy Work
- Better2gether RVA - Start-up Strategies
Qualifications for Probono
- Annual Budget under $150,000 rationale - need services, but no or little capacity to pay
- At least one paid staff member rationale - you need capacity to handle consulting work
- Nonprofit or church rationale - we reserve this service for non-profit motivated entities
Want to Start Your Own Program?
Are you a company and want information on our probono program and how to structure your own? Feel free to download our PROBONO MANIFESTO and please feel free to reach out to our Founder, Sarah Milston at sarah @ thesparkmill.com.